Located across the well-preserved town hall, Argao Parish church has endured 241 years of existence. Its formidable exteriors is reminiscent of the old churches built during the time of Spanish rule: stone wall, imposing, baroque rococo inspired. It was constructed in 1734, and it took the Augustinian order 34 years of painstaking labor to finish this impressive structure.
It was a quiet Sunday when we arrived at Argao's town center. The men and women of Argao --- the Argawanons --- gather towards their church for the afternoon service. And as the church bells ring, just like every Sunday, the community in unison will say their thanks to God, promise their devotion to our Lady and ask for continuous guidance for the town's patron saint, St. Michael the Archangel.