Monday, September 10, 2007

One Big Luck.

Who got seriously lucky yesterday, snatching up two premium Upper A tickets three hours before the hottest game in town? And yeah, did I say they were totally free?

That's right. Beb and I are damn lucky. The secret na ito.

It was one happy surprise. We were fine with watching the game in the television that afternoon, knowing the tickets are jacked up expensive and hard to come by. But during lunch with the Peralejos at Jr's Tita Mary Ann's place, his other aunt, Tita Gigi, casually asked if we wanted to watch it live because two of her tickets just freed up. Kumusta naman? Pinakain ka na, may libre pang tickets. I love Beb's family.

We were so unprepared that Beb needed to go back to his place to change his striped green and blue shirt. Pwede na, may pagkabalimbing nga lang. His mom had to beg him to change in fear of Jr, who's 5'11, being mobbed. I, on the other hand, had to get changed in Starbucks with the game day shirt Beb bought for me there in Araneta. School pride. Ahlavit.

Blue Eagles' sixth man.

Was the 300 peso shirt worth it? Hell yeah. The game was so close. Ang tagal tinawag ng final score grabe. The game can turn your nerves into ooze. But more than the players on the floor, as always, school spirit from both sides were on a high. One thing about ateneo-lasalle games is when you watch them live, you can actually watch the game with your eyes closed. You can tell what's happening just by from the cheers from the gallery. And it was crazy. Pang finals talaga ang dating. I was standing the whole game through. I screamed my lungs out for the entire time. I think today's lack of voice proves the point. Am so proud to be a part of Blue Eagles' sixth man. Sabi nga ng shirt ko, I bleed blue.

Sige na nga sa camera phone na lang. Damn, I miss Niko. Still, happiness!

Talk about lucky. Free lunch. Free tickets. Free shirt from Beb. And a nail-biting win from the boys from Katipunan. Panalo!

Labels: , , ,